Sunday, September 24, 2006

Apathy

Well, it has been another uneventful week in the daily drudery of this thing called my life, and it is sad to note that the Long Tongue Man has been the most exciting thing that has happened to me all week. Go figure.
I'm So BoredI must do something to break the monotony.

On contemplation for the source of my restlessness and boredom, I have come to realise that in the grand scheme of things, I am a hipocrite. Yes, it was a devastating conclusion, but needless to say, I gotta keep it real.

I am always able to give a general hue and cry for the proposed injustices, and problems with the world today. I believe that it is my civic duty to vote, and to monitor the actions (or inactions) of my government representatives, but other than waking up on election day to complete this civic duty, I have done nothing. I continue to sit on my ass and bitch.

Save the Dolphins Dolphin 2 . Spay and Neuter your pets. Ban the Bomb Bomb . Recycle. All bandwagons that I have jumped on when the cause was popular. If there was a petition, I would sign it. If there was a protest, I was there. Now that I am inevitably approaching senior citizen status, the drudgery of my life consists of home and work, and the shallow bouts of entertainment that I require to keep me going, and this is no longer enough.

What have I done? What has been my contribution? I have never volunteered, especially if a charitable event should clash with my social life, or God forbid, my Saturday morning nap. I do not have a passion or drive for a particular cause, and this state of affairs cannot continue. How can I possible criticise other people's efforts, if I have made no significant contributions myself? How can we all bitch and gripe about the state of the world, if we continue to sit on our asses, selfishly immersed in the daily happenings of our own lives?

I abhor apathy in others, yet have continually refused to recognise that I am suffering from the same plight.

On that note I shall now exit.

Out.
GingerAfro






3 comments:

Gela said...

Awww, don't be too hard on yourself.

Mad Bull said...

What a place to exit! I thought you were about to pledge yourself to some cause!
Perhaps its easiest to pledge not to get too uptight about anything! Be like me, thats what I do and its easy enough to do, innit? ;-)
Nah, just kidding...

Mighty Afroditee said...

Hey Ms. G: Had to give myself a wake up call. Now that I have it in writing, I cannot reneg now! LOL

El Toro Loco: Sorry, for the abrupt ending, but I hope that realisation is a start. I have actualy started research into some probable causes, so that I can find the right fit. Wish me luck!!!